If you want to learn how to use Linux and level up your career but are pressed for time, read on.
One of the biggest challenges for people interested in learning the ins and outs of Linux is simply lack of time. That's why we bring you an eCourse that will help you learn Linux in just 5 days with just 45 minutes to dedicate per day.
The course will be taught to you by none other than Jason Cannon, the founder of the Linux Training Academy.
- Learn commands, as well as file and directory permissions
- Create and edit directories and files
- Manipulate shell history, switch users, etc.
Grab this eCourse and learn Linux for just $15 (DealClub $11.25)
Join the other 13,000+ successful students who have already taken this course.
Watch the intro video here:
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 40 lectures and 4.5 hours of content!
- By the end of this course you will understand the fundamentals of the Linux operating system and be able to apply that knowledge in a practical and useful manner.
- The course will walk you through important concepts and commands along with practical and real-world examples.
Content and Overview:
The schedule for this course is easy to follow because it's broken down into five days, so you can dedicate just a few minutes each day and complete it in less than a week.
Day 1 is focused on getting you started with an introductory background and instructions on how to access Linux and install everything you'll need. This will give you the foundation required to get started with confidence.
On Day 2, you'll tackle the Linux directory, basic commands, and more in preparation for Day 3, which is focused on file and directory permissions, editing files, and other important topics.
Day 4 dives into more complex concepts and tasks, such as input, output, and redirection, and customizing the shell prompt.
Day 5 In the last section, you’ll focus on environmental variables, job control, switching users and running commands. These Final advanced lessons will provide you with a well-rounded understanding of everything about Linux.
By the time you complete this course, you may be surprised by how much you learned in such a short amount of time.
You'll be able to use your valuable Linux skills to complete a variety of tasks, including hosting a website or app, running a backup server, or making an older computer run like new again.
Here is what you will learn by taking Learn Linux in 5 Days:
- How to get access to a Linux server if you don't already
- What a Linux distribution is and which one to choose
- What software is needed to connect to Linux from Mac and Windows computers
- What SSH is and how to use it
- The file system layout of Linux systems and where to find programs, configurations, and documentation
- The basic Linux commands you'll use most often
- Creating, renaming, moving, and deleting directories
- Listing, reading, creating, editing, copying, and deleting files
- Exactly how permissions work and how to decipher the most cryptic Linux permissions with ease
- How to use the nano, vi, and emacs editors
- Two methods to search for files and directories
- How to compare the contents of files
- What pipes are, why they are useful, and how to use them
- How to compress files to save space and make transferring data easy
- How and why to redirect input and output from applications
- How to customize your shell prompt
- How to be efficient at the command line by using aliases, tab completion, and your shell history
- How to schedule and automate jobs using cron
- How to switch users and run processes as others
- How to find and install software
What you learn in Learn Linux in 5 Days applies to any Linux environment including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, RedHat, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Slackware, and more.
About the Instructor - Jason Cannon
Jason started his career as a Unix and Linux System Engineer in 1999. Since that time he has utilized his Linux skills at companies such as Xerox, UPS, Hewlett-Packard, and Amazon.com. Additionally, he has acted as a technical consultant and independent contractor for small businesses and Fortune 500 companies.
Jason has professional experience with CentOS, RedHat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, and Ubuntu. He has used several Linux distributions on personal projects including Debian, Slackware, CrunchBang, and others. In addition to Linux, Jason has experience supporting proprietary Unix operating systems including AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris.
Whats others are saying...
"I've been in IT for a while and played here and there with Linux. This course breaks down all the necessary commands someone new to Linux needs to get up an running. The downloaded content is perfect to reference.. Recommended!!!" - Jesse Jones
"The course provides a good deal of information in a length and format that just about perfect." - Fredrick Stuart
"Course covers a broad range of features and functionality provided by Linux. This a great course if you're new to Linux or are looking to piece together all of the individual you've learned on your own. Having come from a moderate understanding of Linux, this course has given me a deeper more streamlined understanding of Linux. Definitely worth the money. Good luck!" - Armando Cabrera
- You will receive a special course access link after purchase.
- You get lifetime access to the course and watch anytime on Udemy.
- 30 days refund policy.